“Digitization” has been a keyword driving higher education institutions globally, with the growing interests in Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs; see the brief history) during the last decade. Undeniably, the need for digitized education has been thrusted over the past year by the pandemic. We have lived through highs and lows of online education but what does “digitalization” mean to you now? What should it mean for Sabancı University’s future? What is the role of universities and academics in the digital era? How did various institutions around the world deal with the demands of digitalization? These questions are increasingly significant for all higher education institutions but especially for Sabancı University since our current strategic plan includes some bold steps towards digitalization.
Therefore, this year’s Sabancı University Internal Education Conference will focus on “digitalization” − Reflections on Digital Learning and the Future of Higher Education. Unlike the previous conferences, this year's keynote lectures will also be accessible to the general public. The conference is organized around 6 main themes:
1. What Do We Understand about “Digitalization”?
2. Digitalization and Workload
3. Digitalization and Academic Integrity
4. Digitalization and Content Creation
5. Digitalization and Student Life
6. Personal Experiences with Digitalization
This year’s conference will host a keynote speaker from the world’s leading university, who is an expert on the impact of the internet on higher education and digital learning. The Conference will take place online; it is hoped that even with the virtual format, the Conference will provide an active platform for sharing and nurturing collaborations among all SU educators, as it has been for the last few years. All SU educators and staff are invited to the Conference.
We look forward to your presence and contribution to the conference!
Prof. Eli Noam (bio)
Professor of Finance and Economics, and Director of the Columbia University Institute for Tele-Information
Click HERE to see the detailed program and abstracts
(Only for SU members; please use your SU account to access).
• Session 1, 10:00-11:00 - Opening Panel: What do we understand about “digitalization”?
• Session 2, 11:30-12:30 - Digitalization and Workload
• Lunch break
• Session 3, 14:00-15:00 - Digitalization and Academic Integrity
• Keynote Lecture, 15:30-16:30 - “25 Years of Universities Online, Covid, and the Lessons for the Future”, Prof. Eli Noam
• 16:30-17:00 - Concluding discussion
• Session 4, 10:00-11:00 - Digitalization and Content Creation
• Session 5, 11:20-12:30 - Digitalization and Student Life
• Lunch break
• Session 6, 14:00-15:00 - Personal Experiences with Digitalization